Rent A Court
We will reopen for court bookings from Monday 17th May. Courts are available for booking on
Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5 – 8 pm (8-9pm is the last booking). In keeping with current health guidelines there will be a number of safety requirements in place. Please read through before booking a court.
1. People who can book a court:
• People who have not been out of the country in the last 14 days
• Not have been around someone with symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
• Not be in a period of self-isolation and/or cocooning under the current Health Policy
• Not be displaying Covid-19 symptoms
• Over-18s and Under-70s at this phase of reopening
• Please observe the 2 metre social distancing space
• Please have the exact fee
3. Play is restricted to singles play only in this phase of reopening
4. You can book a court one week in advance. Please give contact details over booking text for both players to allow us to fulfil our contact tracing obligations.
5. Staggered booking time will be observed – Play will be for 55 minutes to allow for social distancing
6. Use of the clubhouse will not be available at this time
7. Racquets and tennis balls will not be provided at this time
8. Courts that are side by side can be utilised.
9. Players should enter the court one at a time
10. On the Court – Playing:
• Physical distancing should be observed throughout the period of play, particularly on change of ends and entering and exiting the court. Players should change ends at opposite sides of the net.
• Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives
• Equipment such as towels, food, and drink must not be exchanged between players. Players should bring their own drinks and towels.
• Players should avoid touching their face after handling a ball, racquet, or other equipment.
• Players should ideally bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer with them and keep it in their pocket or bag for use.
• Players should use two sets of clearly marked tennis balls. These should be alternated for serving with each player only touching their individual tennis balls.
• Players should use their racquet / foot to pick up balls and hit them to their opponent and should avoid using their hands to pick up the balls.
• Players should remain apart from other players when taking a break.
• If a ball from another court comes across, players should send it back with a kick or with a racquet.
11. Getting Home Safely
• Once play has finished players are asked to leave the premises promptly
• If a player becomes unwell after playing, they should first contact their GP/HSE and then inform Cork Parks.
12. Any player(s) not following the club directives will be asked to leave the court